ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification
The ISO 9001 standard provides an effective framework for running your business in an efficient and effective way. It provides a set of measures across the business that are clearly understood by everyone and ensures that the business is focused on continual improvement and customer satisfaction. ISO develops the internationally recognised standards for all things quality control, environment and more.
ISO 9001 is the most widely used quality management system in the world as ISO 9001 requires a disciplined approach to management. Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification may include;
- Increased Profitability through better productivity & efficiency
- Employee morale through clearer understanding of how everyone contributes to organisational success
- International recognition
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- Documentation of all processes which leads to consistency
- Customer Satisfaction
As experienced by our current clients, gaining ISO 9001 certification will enable you to stand out from non-certified companies whilst improving relations with government bodies etc., who look for accredited certification when engaging a supplier, partner or business.
ISO 9001:2015 Update
In September 2015, the ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification was updated to address the needs of businesses and organisations in the 21st century.
The new standard is ISO 9001:2015. There is also an Australian/New Zealand version of this standard. Unfortunately because Standards Australia/NZ didn’t approve this standard until March 2016 it has been called AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016 which has caused some confusion. JAS-ANZ have adopted the ISO 9001:2015 version as the standard on the JAS-ANZ register and there is no option to be certified to the AS/NZS version at this stage. However there is no difference in content between the two standards.
If you are certified to ISO 9001:2008 there is a 3 year transition period to become certified to ISO 9001:2015. All ISO 9001:2008 certificates will be removed from the JAS-ANZ register after the 15th September 2018. JAS-ANZ have determined however that audits to the new standard must be completed by 15th March 2018 to provide sufficient time to address any non-conformances before the 2008 standard expires.
What are the main differences in content between the old and new version?
- The adoption of the high level structure as set out in Annex SL of ISO Directives Part 1
- An explicit requirement for risk-based thinking to support and improve the understanding and application of the process approach
- Fewer prescriptive requirements
- More flexibility regarding documentation
- Improved applicability for services
- A requirement to define the boundaries of the QMS
- Increased emphasis on organizational context
- Increased leadership requirements
- Greater emphasis on achieving desired process results to improve customer satisfaction
Are you still certified to ISO 9001:2008? It's time transfer to ISO 9001:2015 before the 2018 deadline.
1st & 2nd Party Audits
In addition to 3rd party certification, Sci Qual International can offer 1st & 2nd party audits.
1st Party Audits
As long as you are not certified by Sci Qual International we can conduct internal audits of your management system to assist you in meeting your compliance requirements under a range of standards. This offers the advantage of an experienced auditor confirming that your internal procedures are being followed and that you are applying a continuous improvement and risk based approach.
Note: If you are certified by Sci Qual International we cannot conduct your internal audits as this would represent a conflict of interest under our JAS-ANZ accreditation.
2nd Party Audits
Sci Qual International can conduct second party audits to assess the performance of your suppliers or compliance with contract requirements etc. We have auditors experienced in QMS, EMS, OHS and Food safety certification.