Certifications for Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
ISO 14001 identifies requirements for an environmental management system. It sets out a framework that an organisation can follow to identify impacts on the environment, define controls to prevent and reduce pollution and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
There are more than 300,000 organisations certified to ISO 14001 in 171 countries around the world
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Promotes sustainable development
- Improves waste and energy management
- Reduces risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs or prosecution
- Improves your brand image and demonstrates your organisation's commitment to the environment
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to compliance with legal and other requirements
- Improves management of current and future environmental risks
- Reduces compliance costs (insurance premiums, waste handling costs, and other related fees)
- Provides an advantage over competitors who are not accredited
- The Australian Government's Emissions Reduction Fund - find out your eligibility
The other critical factor in getting a good outcome from your ISO certification is the certification body you choose to conduct your audit.
Sci Qual International was the first certification body to be accredited by JAS-ANZ in 1993. Since that time we have certified thousands of organisations and many of those clients have been with us for 20 years or more.
So what is our value proposition versus other certification bodies?
"A simplified certification process......Guaranteed"
Having a simplified process doesn’t mean the audit won’t be robust - it will be. Our reputation and the integrity of the JAS-ANZ accreditation system depends on it.
However dealing with many certification bodies is more complex than it should be and we guarantee that you will find us easy to work with.
- You will find us responsive from your first contact.
- You will find us flexible in meeting your needs.
- You will find our auditors are pragmatic and will add value to your business.
- You will have one point of contact through a dedicated client manager who will work with you to achieve positive outcomes. Your client manager will handle quotes, audit scheduling, liaising with your auditor and will answer any questions you have. They will take full responsibility for getting you the answers you need.
We know from our own experience and from that of our auditors, (who in many cases are contracted to other certification bodies) that our single point of contact offers a significant benefit to clients and eases the stress of the certification process.