Certifications for Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
ISO 14001 identifies requirements for an environmental management system. It sets out a framework that an organisation can follow to identify impacts on the environment, define controls to prevent and reduce pollution and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Promotes sustainable development
- Improves waste and energy management
- Reduces risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs or prosecution
- Improves your brand image and demonstrates your organisation's commitment to the environment
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to compliance with legal and other requirements
- Improves management of current and future environmental risks
- Reduces compliance costs (insurance premiums, waste handling costs, and other related fees)
- Provides an advantage over competitors who are not accredited
- The Australian Government's Emissions Reduction Fund - find out your eligibility
Are you still certified to ISO 14001:2004? It's time to transfer your certification to ISO 14001:2015 before the 2018 deadline.