Certifications for Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
ISO 14001 identifies requirements for an environmental management system. It sets out a framework that an organisation can follow to identify impacts on the environment, define controls to prevent and reduce pollution and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Promotes sustainable development
- Improves waste and energy management
- Reduces risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs or prosecution
- Improves your brand image and demonstrates your organisation's commitment to the environment
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to compliance with legal and other requirements
- Improves management of current and future environmental risks
- Reduces compliance costs (insurance premiums, waste handling costs, and other related fees)
- Provides an advantage over competitors who are not accredited
- The Australian Government's Emissions Reduction Fund - find out your eligibility
Are you still certified to ISO 14001:2004? It's time to transfer your certification to ISO 14001:2015 before the 2018 deadline.
1st & 2nd Party Audits
In addition to 3rd party certification, Sci Qual International can offer 1st & 2nd party audits.
1st Party Audits
As long as you are not certified by Sci Qual International we can conduct internal audits of your management system to assist you in meeting your compliance requirements under a range of standards. This offers the advantage of an experienced auditor confirming that your internal procedures are being followed and that you are applying a continuous improvement and risk based approach.
Note: If you are certified by Sci Qual International we cannot conduct your internal audits as this would represent a conflict of interest under our JAS-ANZ accreditation.
2nd Party Audits
Sci Qual International can conduct second party audits to assess the performance of your suppliers or compliance with contract requirements etc. We have auditors experienced in QMS, EMS, OHS and Food safety certification.