Certifications for Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
ISO 14001 identifies requirements for an environmental management system. It sets out a framework that an organisation can follow to identify impacts on the environment, define controls to prevent and reduce pollution and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
There are more than 300,000 organisations certified to ISO 14001 in 171 countries around the world
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Promotes sustainable development
- Improves waste and energy management
- Reduces risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs or prosecution
- Improves your brand image and demonstrates your organisation's commitment to the environment
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to compliance with legal and other requirements
- Improves management of current and future environmental risks
- Reduces compliance costs (insurance premiums, waste handling costs, and other related fees)
- Provides an advantage over competitors who are not accredited
- The Australian Government's Emissions Reduction Fund - find out your eligibility
Are you still certified to ISO 14001:2004? It's time to transfer your certification to ISO 14001:2015 before the 2018 deadline.