Certifications that may benefit Transport, Postal and Warehousing companies include:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHAS18001:2007 - Occupational Health and Safety Certifications
The Australian Bureau of Statistics lists the classification of Transport, Postal and Warehousing as follows:
The Transport, Postal and Warehousing Division includes units mainly engaged in providing transportation of passengers and freight by road, rail, water or air. Other transportation activities such as postal services, pipeline transport and scenic and sightseeing transport are included in this division.
Units mainly engaged in providing goods warehousing and storage activities are also included.
The division also includes units mainly engaged in providing support services for the transportation of passengers and freight. These activities include stevedoring services, harbour services, navigation services, airport operations and customs agency services.
This section contains the following subsection :
- Road Transport
- Rail Transport
- Water Transport
- Air and Space Transport
- Other Transport
- Postal and Courier Pick-Up and Delivery Services
- Transport Support Services
- Warehousing and Storage Services