AS/NZS ISO 45001 and AS/NZS 4801 OH&S Management System Certification
Standards Australia/New Zealand have now formally adopted AS/NZS ISO 45001 as a joint Australian/New Zealand standard. However because there are regulatory requirements in some industries for AS/NZS 4801 this will continue to be offered.
ISO 45001:2018 is the first-ever international safety standard introduced in March 2018.
These Standards require the main components of Work, Health, and Safety to be implemented into an organization's activities to ensure all Work, Health, and Safety issues are effectively managed.
Both standards specify requirements for a Work, Health and Safety management system to enable an organization to formulate policy and objectives that take into account legislative requirements and information about hazards or risks. The requirements apply to those hazards or risks over which the organization may exert control and over which it can be expected to have an influence. The standards do not specify WHS performance outcomes.
ISO 45001 follows the same high high-level structure as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, which will make it easier to integrate management systems for certification.
See AS/NZS ISO 45001 for details of how you can transition from OHSAS 18001 to AS/NZS ISO 45001
Benefits of Occupational Health & Safety Management System Certification
- Demonstrates your commitment to Occupational Health & Safety
- Increases employee satisfaction & motivation
- Reduces public liability insurance costs
- Reduces the risks & costs of non-compliance with legislation
- Reduces the likelihood of work-related accidents and occupational health hazards
- Increases awareness of occupational health and safety issues in your organisation
The other critical factor in getting a good outcome from your ISO certification is the certification body you choose to conduct your audit.
Sci Qual International was the first certification body to be accredited by JAS-ANZ in 1993. Since that time we have certified thousands of organisations and many of those clients have been with us for 20 years or more.
So what is our value proposition versus other certification bodies?
"A simplified certification process......Guaranteed"
Having a simplified process doesn’t mean the audit won’t be robust - it will be. Our reputation and the integrity of the JAS-ANZ accreditation system depends on it.
However dealing with many certification bodies is more complex than it should be and we guarantee that you will find us easy to work with.
- You will find us responsive from your first contact.
- You will find us flexible in meeting your needs.
- You will find our auditors are pragmatic and will add value to your business.
- You will have one point of contact through a dedicated client manager who will work with you to achieve positive outcomes. Your client manager will handle quotes, audit scheduling, liaising with your auditor and will answer any questions you have. They will take full responsibility for getting you the answers you need.
We know from our own experience and from that of our auditors, (who in many cases are contracted to other certification bodies) that our single point of contact offers a significant benefit to clients and eases the stress of the certification process.